Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on April 13, 2016, 02:08:10 am

Title: Gas Stations
Post by: BobDavid on April 13, 2016, 02:08:10 am
April 12, 2016
Title: Re: Gas Stations
Post by: francois on April 13, 2016, 05:05:04 am
Gas stations usually are not the most glamorous subjects but those vivid colors and very geometric shapes are still very attractive.
I like these shots very much!
Title: Re: Gas Stations
Post by: BobDavid on April 13, 2016, 12:04:11 pm
Banal beacons of the night.
Title: Re: Gas Stations
Post by: MattBurt on April 13, 2016, 12:24:17 pm
Really nice treatment for what I would normally consider an unattractive subject. Good!
Title: Re: Gas Stations
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2016, 12:30:06 pm
I think Florida must have the best gas stations, photographically. I have a friend who has photographed some Florida architecture, including a couple of gas stations, and when I saw this one I knew immediately it had to be Florida.

Massachusetts gas stations never seem to have this kind of, what shall I call it, "monumental self assurance?"

Nice, Bob.
Title: Re: Gas Stations
Post by: BobDavid on April 13, 2016, 12:50:09 pm
I think Florida must have the best gas stations, photographically. I have a friend who has photographed some Florida architecture, including a couple of gas stations, and when I saw this one I knew immediately it had to be Florida.

Massachusetts gas stations never seem to have this kind of, what shall I call it, "monumental self assurance?"

Nice, Bob.

Interesting, Eric. I lived in Massachusetts for 21 years. I didn't pay particular attention to gas stations in the Boston metro area. I wonder if I overlooked diamonds in the rough. ... My guess is the Southwest and High Plains have extraordinary gas stations. ... Some day, I hope to examine the matter.