Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: andydg on April 13, 2016, 12:42:54 am
-
I was recently in a thrift store with my family and found a Canon Pro9000 printer. The price was reduced from $13.99 to $10.99 Thought it was worth a chance. The ink the previous owner used was refillable aftermarket. The printer works, but the printhead is no longer serviceable due to the use of non Canon ink. I have one of these printers already and tried the printhead out of it, and the thrift store one works fine. So, since this is a discontinued printer and printheads are available, do you think it is worth buying one? Would I be better off buying a newer printer model? I don't print 13x19 all that often, so it is overkill to some degree.
-
I'm a bit lost: you already had a pro9000, now you have two, but only one working print head between them?
I guess that might be useful if the first printer dies for a reason other than the print head, but in that case you could simply swap the head into the thrift-shop printer and carry on.
I still have a 9000s, it works as well as ever, but for B&W it really sucks, bad magenta cast... if you are just doing colour you aren't manic about colour management, it's a good printer for $11.
If you want to do B&W, you can do much better :)