Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Mjean on April 12, 2016, 03:26:58 pm

Title: Sulphur Fields
Post by: Mjean on April 12, 2016, 03:26:58 pm
This was taken at the sulphur fields near Lake Myvatn in Iceland. 
Title: Re: Sulphur Fields
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on April 12, 2016, 04:48:24 pm
I like it.
My personal taste tells me to push the saturation and to very slightly crop in a 16:10 format to give more strength to the diagonal that goes from the bottom left to the top right.

Title: Re: Sulphur Fields
Post by: MattBurt on April 12, 2016, 06:58:22 pm
The lines are great! If it were my shot I'd be wishing I had a little more interesting light. Maybe you can make it pop a little more in post if you feel the same way. A little Contrast color range and detail extractor (from Color Efex Pro) might be worth a try.
Otherwise it's a nice shot regardless, but could maybe be tuned to have more initial impact.
Title: Re: Sulphur Fields
Post by: Mjean on April 13, 2016, 12:52:39 pm
I appreciate the input.  I will definitely try your suggestions.  Thanks.