Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on April 11, 2016, 10:34:36 am

Title: Lunch
Post by: RSL on April 11, 2016, 10:34:36 am
.
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: Rob C on April 11, 2016, 10:46:19 am
How extraordinary, the resemblance to the "behind the gare" from HC-B!

The main character is reflected to perfection by the chick on the poster behind the Mustang!

Cool!

Rob C
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: muntanela on April 11, 2016, 01:01:20 pm
Both extraordinary, the photo(grapher) and the interpreter.
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 11, 2016, 01:27:43 pm
Great shot. Vintage Russ!

But if I might suggest a crop...   :D (No way!!!)
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: RSL on April 11, 2016, 02:26:17 pm
How extraordinary, the resemblance to the "behind the gare" from HC-B!

The main character is reflected to perfection by the chick on the poster behind the Mustang!

Cool!

Rob C

Thanks Rob. I'm almost embarrassed to be compared with Henri (but not quite).

As I'm sure you realize, I sat there for quite a while waiting for a girl to walk by who looked like the girl in the picture. (And as I'm sure you also realize, pigs often fly.) Like Henri I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder -- not because I was poking the lens through a crack in the boards but because the camera was on my knee. But as Henri said: "It's always luck. You just have to be receptive. That's all."

On the other hand, like Henri at the Gare, I made a whole series of shots to end up with this one.

No, Eric.
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: Rob C on April 11, 2016, 03:25:50 pm
Thanks Rob. I'm almost embarrassed to be compared with Henri (but not quite).

As I'm sure you realize, I sat there for quite a while waiting for a girl to walk by who looked like the girl in the picture. (And as I'm sure you also realize, pigs often fly.) Like Henri I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder -- not because I was poking the lens through a crack in the boards but because the camera was on my knee. But as Henri said: "It's always luck. You just have to be receptive. That's all."

On the other hand, like Henri at the Gare, I made a whole series of shots to end up with this one.

No, Eric.

Russ, humour keeps the juices flowing! Glad you still have a few vintage bottles in your cellar.

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: stamper on April 12, 2016, 03:37:00 am
Yes! This one definitely works. All of the elements are in the right place.
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: Arlen on April 12, 2016, 02:41:52 pm
I really like this one, Russ. Very well executed, however the execution was achieved.
Title: Re: Lunch
Post by: RSL on April 12, 2016, 03:37:13 pm
Thanks all: Rob, Muntanela, Eric, Stamper and Arlen. It was a real pleasure to get back on the street for part of a day. Most days on the street aren't lucky, as Stamper knows, but this one was.