Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on April 10, 2016, 08:04:04 pm

Title: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: Bob_B on April 10, 2016, 08:04:04 pm
About a decade or so ago, I bought five tiny Laelia-Cattelya orchid plants from Lowe's discount bin. They were near death's door, but their roots and leaves didn't have rot, just a bad case of dehydration, so why not? I put them with the rest of my orchids and waited to see what happened. Well, as luck would have it three of them quickly revived and have thrived, forcing me to split them into a total of nine pots. Here's one them (and my favorite) called "Lc. Tropical Pointer Spot". It blooms 2-3 times a year, with 3-5 blossoms that are ca. two inches point to point on each flower stalk.  All three photos were focus stacked using PS or Zerene, and processed in PS and LR.





Title: Re: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 12, 2016, 04:04:50 am
Nice details and colours.
Title: Re: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: Bob_B on April 12, 2016, 08:53:29 am
Thanks Paulo.
Title: Re: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 12, 2016, 09:39:56 am
Quite beautiful.
As an image my favorite is the third one.

Eric
Title: Re: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: Bob_B on April 12, 2016, 12:39:19 pm
Thanks Eric. These photos were 'experiments' I've been working on to improve technique. I was quite happy with the third one, so thanks again.
Title: Re: Tropical Pointer Spot
Post by: thierrylegros396 on April 12, 2016, 12:53:39 pm
I like the first very much.

The blue background works well to enhance the flowers.

Thierry