Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on April 10, 2016, 06:57:37 am

Title: Downhill
Post by: stamper on April 10, 2016, 06:57:37 am
Is there a crop somewhere in this image?
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: RSL on April 10, 2016, 07:28:52 am
No! Well seen, Robert.
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: petermfiore on April 10, 2016, 08:16:33 am
No! Well seen, Robert.

I agree with Russ...great photo and design.

Peter
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 10, 2016, 08:44:32 am
Me too.

I examined all four edges and four corners and there was nothing I would be willing to eliminate.
I find your eye quite reliable. Very well seen.

Eric
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: RSL on April 10, 2016, 09:17:11 am
Looking at this, why would the term "crop" even enter your mind? For that matter why would "crop" ever enter your mind unless you realized as you framed the picture that you were going to need to crop? Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 10, 2016, 02:39:17 pm
Is there a crop somewhere in this image?

The real question: is there an image somewhere in that crop? ;)
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: stamper on April 11, 2016, 03:34:46 am
Looking at this, why would the term "crop" even enter your mind? For that matter why would "crop" ever enter your mind unless you realized as you framed the picture that you were going to need to crop? Arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!

I thought perhaps that it was too "cluttered" and maybe cropping the center to just include the two figures in the middle of the road would be a better image? Thanks for the feedback. Food for thought?
Title: Re: Downhill
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 11, 2016, 01:49:51 pm
In an image from a photographer with an excellent eye, I think you can replace the word "clutter" by the word "substance."

-Eric