Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: Jlister on April 08, 2016, 01:53:28 pm

Title: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Jlister on April 08, 2016, 01:53:28 pm
I'm trying to decide if this is a lens I want to invest in. I have heard it's beautiful but I have a crop body camera (h5d-50c) and I know this effects the look. I have searched Google and can't find portraits shot wide open with a camera like mine. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post some so I can see if it's look is better than my Nikon 85 1.4 on my D810. If not, I won't bother. Thanks.
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: eronald on April 08, 2016, 02:00:40 pm
I'm trying to decide if this is a lens I want to invest in. I have heard it's beautiful but I have a crop body camera (h5d-50c) and I know this effects the look. I have searched Google and can't find portraits shot wide open with a camera like mine. I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post some so I can see if it's look is better than my Nikon 85 1.4 on my D810. If not, I won't bother. Thanks.

worse than the old and better than the new nikon
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: digitalBerg on April 08, 2016, 03:00:52 pm
Check out Ming Thein, he uses the 100mm on 50c all the time


Best regards, Terje
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: araucaria on April 08, 2016, 03:59:18 pm
worse than the old and better than the new nikon
G ,D or Ai-s?
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: landscapephoto on April 08, 2016, 04:09:39 pm
You may check the samples here: http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,1447.0.html
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Jlister on April 08, 2016, 10:10:20 pm
G ,D or Ai-s?
G which to me is pretty great. 
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: eronald on April 09, 2016, 04:27:07 am
G which to me is pretty great.

The good one is the one just before the G. I have both and am reselling the G.
The G is a phenomenal lens, super sharp edge to edge and can shoot into lights with no flare, but no "fun".

Edmund
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Chris Livsey on April 09, 2016, 05:17:49 am
The good one is the one just before the G. I have both and am reselling the G.
The G is a phenomenal lens, super sharp edge to edge and can shoot into lights with no flare, but no "fun".

Edmund

That's the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AF-D, not an "S" lens (1995-2010)  (It is screw focus so on "consumer" bodies from Nikon manual focus.) And not the 85mm f/1.4 NIKKOR AI-s (1981-2006) You see the problem on "before" given the dates?
Both have their fans, or indeed all three do, but it's going to be a struggle shooting them on a Hasselblad H, so for the OP:


http://www.chasejarvis.com/blog/the-top-5-lenses-for-hasselblad-cameras/



Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: eronald on April 09, 2016, 05:57:50 am
That's the Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 AF-D, not an "S" lens (1995-2010)  (It is screw focus so on "consumer" bodies from Nikon manual focus.) And not the 85mm f/1.4 NIKKOR AI-s (1981-2006) You see the problem on "before" given the dates?
Both have their fans, or indeed all three do, but it's going to be a struggle shooting them on a Hasselblad H, so for the OP:


http://www.chasejarvis.com/blog/the-top-5-lenses-for-hasselblad-cameras/

Chris,

 I think a downgrade from the G to D is a way to get almost as far as getting an H. :)

Edmund
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Chris Livsey on April 09, 2016, 08:29:25 am
Chris,

 I think a downgrade from the G to D is a way to get almost as far as getting an H. :)

Edmund

You really do need to scratch that itch, either that or a hefty dose of an anti-histamine  :)
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: eronald on April 09, 2016, 08:32:24 am
You really do need to scratch that itch, either that or a hefty dose of an anti-histamine  :)

???
sorry,  I think I meant the S. whatever comes just before the G; I have to go to the cellar and find my copy.
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Chris Livsey on April 09, 2016, 01:00:30 pm
???
sorry,  I think I meant the S. whatever comes just before the G; I have to go to the cellar and find my copy.

Never let the facts get in the way of a pithy answer on-line  :D :D
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: eronald on April 09, 2016, 03:02:34 pm
Never let the facts get in the way of a pithy answer on-line  :D :D

Yeah, well whatever. The G is a wonderful sharp lens and I don't want to use it anymore. Go figure.
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: gss on April 11, 2016, 06:17:05 pm
Here's a couple taken with a Hasselblad H4D-40, roughly the same crop as yours.
Title: Re: Photos taken with Hasselblad 100mm 2.2 wide open
Post by: Jlister on April 11, 2016, 08:48:37 pm
Wow, looks really nice!