Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: ErikKaffehr on April 08, 2016, 01:11:29 am

Title: Processing for print?
Post by: ErikKaffehr on April 08, 2016, 01:11:29 am
Hi,

Some good articles on papers and printers, but there may be a need of discussion around processing for print. Jeff Schewe has some great stuff on the issue in his books, of course. One of the reasons I raise this is that I don't think sharpening for actual pixel viewing is optimal sharpening for prints as it puts most importance on very high frequency detail (in Jeff's speak) that is not what dominates human vision.

I think a video discussing proper sharpening for print would be very useful.

Best regards
Erik
Title: Re: Processing for print?
Post by: E.J. Peiker on April 08, 2016, 06:27:14 am
They've already done that :)
See chapter 34:
https://luminous-landscape.com/videos/camera-print-screen