Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Rand47 on April 07, 2016, 01:42:45 pm

Title: P800 with Legacy Paper and Epson ICC profiles???
Post by: Rand47 on April 07, 2016, 01:42:45 pm
Hi,

I'm hoping Mark and Jeff catch this post also.

I received my sample packs of Epson Legacy papers this morning.  I noticed something interesting in LR when I select the profile in the "Print Job" panel.  With both Legacy Baryta and Platine when the ICC profile is selected the "print adjustment" box is automatically checked and the contrast setting is brought to its minimum (all the way left).  Is this a function of the profile that should be respected, or a bug, or what?

LR on a Windows 10 machine.

Rand
Title: Re: P800 with Legacy Paper and Epson ICC profiles???
Post by: digitaldog on April 07, 2016, 01:46:56 pm
AFAIK, selection of a profile should play no role in the (IMHO) silly Print Adjustment area. Are you sure this isn't the result of the print template or user preset whereby the print adjustment was previously set as such?
Title: Re: P800 with Legacy Paper and Epson ICC profiles???
Post by: Mark D Segal on April 07, 2016, 01:51:01 pm
It's either a bug or pilot error. When I select that profile and I've had the Print Adjustment box OFF (as it always is), it does not turn on. The choice of profile should have zero impact on whether that feature is active or inactive.
Title: Re: P800 with Legacy Paper and Epson ICC profiles???
Post by: Rand47 on April 07, 2016, 02:18:30 pm
Thanks, Guys...

I completely agree.  BUT, there is no print template enabled, I start from scratch on the print module setup.  And, it isn't pilot error, either.
That's why I'm baffled.

Download this little video clip of a screen capture showing it happen "automatically."

https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/5o6wf4

I guess I'll have to make templates that have this "turned off."  LOL

Anyone else w/ Epson Legacy Profiles for P800 and LR running Windows want to check this out to see if my case is unique?

Rand