Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: wwirth on April 07, 2016, 01:03:06 pm
-
Hi. I am new to selling my equipment. Can someone tell me the best way to handle a sales transaction. In other words, how to not get taken... Thank you.
-
Paypal, or direct bank transfer. However, if you're dealing locally, cash in hand is best ;)
Ship via a reputable, fully insured(unless you like tempting fate) carrier. Fedex, DHL, USPS, UPS, etc.
Keep your buyer informed about shipping, shipping details, etc.
Over-describe things. I've always found it better to over-describe than try and "hide" something and hope they don't see it.
-Dan
-
Great help! Thank you!
-
Hi. I am new to selling my equipment. Can someone tell me the best way to handle a sales transaction. In other words, how to not get taken... Thank you.
when I was using a certain (brand) equipment the website/forum dedicated to it had (still has) a feedback system where upon each transaction seller & buyer can leave a description of their experience... so you can in many situations do a research (in addition to googling the buyer's name, etc) and cross reference who leaves what kind of feedback... pity that LuLa does not have such capability
example of my ratings :
(http://s26.postimg.org/51lbt1zs7/feedback.jpg)
-
I saw a seller here accepting paypal gift or "friends"... which is a no-no, if you want paypal protection and against paypal rules.