Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on April 07, 2016, 10:10:10 am

Title: Light
Post by: Jens Peermann on April 07, 2016, 10:10:10 am
This is all about the light as it is reflected off the objects shortly before sunrise.

A7II, EF 135/2 @ f/4, 6-stop ND

(http://peermann.com/NSN/JPP-005797.C1_NSN.jpg)
Title: Re: Light
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 08, 2016, 04:01:24 am
Calm and nice, with good light. Looks a bit greenish to me.
Title: Re: Light
Post by: francois on April 08, 2016, 04:48:10 am
Difficult light but the result is very nice. There's enough details in the shadows and it looks very natural. As for the greenish look that Paulo writes about, I don't know… Initially I had the same reaction but when I tried to WB this shot, I get a more orange sky and loose the cyan/blue tints...
I'd keep it as it is!
Title: Re: Light
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 08, 2016, 02:26:11 pm
Very tranquil. I see a little more green than might be desirable. It would probably be the work of a couple of minutes in PS to get rid of the cables on the upper right, and I think it would be worth the effort.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Light
Post by: BradSmith on April 09, 2016, 06:44:30 pm
Jens,
I'm curious.  Why the 6ND filter?
Brad
Title: Re: Light
Post by: Jens Peermann on April 19, 2016, 11:04:57 pm
Jens,
I'm curious.  Why the 6ND filter?
Brad

To get the water smooth. Didn't work as well as I'd hoped, but 6stop is the strongest I have for in the size for this lens.
Title: Re: Light
Post by: Jens Peermann on April 19, 2016, 11:08:39 pm
It would probably be the work of a couple of minutes in PS to get rid of the cables on the upper right, and I think it would be worth the effort.

Jeremy

That's what I thought too, until I took them out. It felt like something was missing, so I put them back in. The benefits of non-destructive editing!