Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on April 06, 2016, 09:45:33 am

Title: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: MattBurt on April 06, 2016, 09:45:33 am
Earlier in the day it was raining, snowing, and we had 50 Mph gusts. The evening was surprisingly calm and clear.
P645D & 67 300/4
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1648/25658526374_7cbebddaa0_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/F6mDXL)IMGP2646-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/F6mDXL) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: the_marshall_101 on April 06, 2016, 11:57:39 am
Really nice composition and feel!
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: thierrylegros396 on April 06, 2016, 12:46:39 pm
Very well processed.

Natural colors.

Thierry
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 06, 2016, 02:48:07 pm
Interesting landscape. It will also be interesting to catch the first green on the trees.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: MattBurt on April 06, 2016, 03:28:51 pm
Thanks for the comments!

Interesting landscape. It will also be interesting to catch the first green on the trees.

Yes, I love watching the changes across these zones throughout the year. The new green is great as is the fall gold.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: Jose Viegas on April 06, 2016, 03:45:44 pm
I like it a lot, great light and succession of layers.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: Tony Jay on April 06, 2016, 06:27:04 pm
The gentle light and subtle colour palette make for a wonderful image!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 06, 2016, 08:34:31 pm
Very nice, as others have said.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: luxborealis on April 06, 2016, 11:01:34 pm
Gorgeous, Matt
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: philaitman on April 07, 2016, 03:51:32 am
Beautiful. Certainly a perfect end to a sotrmy day.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 07, 2016, 04:04:50 am
Fine image, very pleasing to look at.
Title: Re: Nice end to a stormy day
Post by: MattBurt on April 07, 2016, 12:31:51 pm
Thanks for all the comments!
I was planning on hiking up farther before getting the camera out but when I saw this light I knew I had to stop right then and get the shot. Glad I did!
The light on the mountain got nice and colorful a little later but by then the valley floor was all in shadow and the scene no longer had the same feel.