Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: maxs on April 06, 2016, 07:56:43 am
-
I am hearing more and more chatter on the radio waves (as they say) about the H6D-50c announcement being within the next 5-10 days! That puts us anywhere from today April 6th -April 16th. The camera itself will then be released in April/May itself.
Anyone else hearing the same?
In my original post (http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=108592.0) I had speculated the new camera will have:
Higher frame rate > 1.5 frames a sec
High resolution touch display similar or better than Phase, so that focus checking can be done easily
USB 3.0
Dual memory slots (CF and SD)
Possibly video (720p or 1080p or 4K)
I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds
Just excited to see the new camera and more so for the comparisons that will follow between Hassi and Phase :-)
-
You should open up another topic about the HC lenses.
I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.
-
You should open up another topic about the HC lenses.
I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.
haha
-
You should open up another topic about the HC lenses.
I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.
I've just been reading this morning's Times of Troelland, and there's a "review" which says it speaks with a swedish accent like Macintalk used to before Siri got hired, the dim-sum it makes are Hong-Kong style, and the only two style choices on the full-auto session setting are "Annie" and "Mapplethorpe". But the reviewer says it makes the best coffee he ever had.
Edmund
-
I heard there's going to be a 80mm 1.0 that cooks your meals and tucks you in at night and does the whole shooting by itself.
Just what I always wanted!
-
I've just been reading this morning's Times of Troelland, and there's a "review" which says it speaks with a swedish accent like Macintalk used to before Siri got hired, the dim-sum it makes are Hong-Kong style, and the only two style choices on the full-auto session setting are "Annie" and "Mapplethorpe". But the reviewer says it makes the best coffee he ever had.
Edmund
I am not that interested on the cooking part of the lenses, I like to cook, not that much into coffee either (I am a Tea person), but I have to admit that they are good additions.
My heart boiling for the new Extended Gps Device for Travel , or EGDT. The EGTD uses Glonass, Galileo and GPS to pinpoint places and send you to the selected place at the speed of light. It has a very high genetic precision, far more than the 99.9% (that implies that you are not going to turn into a monkey).
Imagine the boom for travel photographers:
1. You go to places with up to 300KG of equipment (only Hasselblad and Broncolor, you know a closed system again) and up to 7 assistants.
2. You don't have to submit yourself to sexual assault (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru7a1DS6uJA).
3. You can travel with used socks.
4. No travel taxes or airplane fees.
But the big secret is that it's not 100% precise, but introduces healthy random changes. So if you are a Chinese woman you could be turn into a Chinese man or a blond woman. That will allow you to picture and experience the same place in very different way, improving your art as explained by Picasso: (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56013589087738467/).
Safety note: Never aim close to streets or any other line of public transportation, don't use it for safaris and be sure that your spouse is liberal enough to accept gender bending.
Finally, if you are traveling with assistants be sure you like them a LOT, since cross talk is possible, but unlikely.
Best regards,
-
Higher frame rate > 1.5 frames a sec
High resolution touch display similar or better than Phase, so that focus checking can be done easily
USB 3.0
Dual memory slots (CF and SD)
Possibly video (720p or 1080p or 4K)
This seems quite possible. Probably there will also be a back in V-mount.
I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds.
Actually, Hasselblad could increase the sync speed to about 1/1600 on the existing lenses by using sensor reset. We will see.
-
You will all find out in 24 hours or so... Stay tuned :)
-
Noon London time right? So 12 hours :D
-
Oops quite right Joe. I get confused being in New Zealand and all!
-
Lula used to be a nice place....
-
Lula used to be a nice place....
you speak of it as one speaks of a soon-to-be-ex spouse :)
Edmund
-
If you enjoy spoilers, your czech chef brings you knedl and leek du jour, complete with photos of orange shutter button.
http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d
Edmund
-
If you enjoy spoilers, your czech chef brings you knedl and leek du jour, complete with photos of orange shutter button.
http://www.digineff.cz/clanek/aktuality/hasselblad-h6d
Edmund
Just as I said earlier: shutter speed increased on existing lenses...
-
I am now also hearing there will be a range of new HC lenses with 1/2000 shutter/strobe sync at all speeds
What a bad year for Phase One if this is true... Pentax indeed has the power to deliver the killing blow with a cheapo 645 body featuring the same 100MP sensor (just as how the 645Z "ruined" the premium-ship of the IQ250).
-
Now H6D has the compatibility of H6X, which is good (never understood why you needed a different body for that).
One thing I don't understand is if the back has a battery as well so you don't need an external pack for use on tech cams.
-
One thing I don't understand is if the back has a battery as well so you don't need an external pack for use on tech cams.
The text says the back has a power input. I understand it needs an external pack as did the H5D (and H4D-60). But the external pack adapter is decently integrated, so it is not a big deal.
-
Just as I said earlier: shutter speed increased on existing lenses...
how would that be possible on existing lenses? After changing the shutter device in each lens? Or just give more power to the existing shutter in order to go faster...think!
-
how would that be possible on existing lenses? After changing the shutter device in each lens? Or just give more power to the existing shutter in order to go faster...think!
I said it before: they would use sensor reset. That is how Phase One reaches a speed of 1/1600s with mechanical shutters which aren't that fast: open the shutter, reset the cmos or ccd in the middle of exposure and close the shutter. You cut the exposure time by about 2, without changing the shutter.
Edit: after this post, we learned that a new shutter is actually needed. The H6D still uses sensor reset, the new lens only go to 1/1000s on the H5D and older cameras. Probably the new shutter is needed, because the old one could not be operated accurately enough to allow sensor reset.
-
Oh my god, its like my wishlist.. Hope its true
PhaseOne XF - IQ160
-
What a bad year for Phase One if this is true... Pentax indeed has the power to deliver the killing blow with a cheapo 645 body featuring the same 100MP sensor (just as how the 645Z "ruined" the premium-ship of the IQ250).
Ohh how horrible... Phase one will have a horrible year... NO wait soon Sony and Nikon will bring a 70+ MP camera and MF will die once and for all. No need to spend even 10k on it, if sony can do the same for only 4k....
Ok. Sorry couldn't resist.
I don't see any trouble for phase. I love the XF and would not trade it for anything. I haven't had that much fun working with an SLR since my very first Leica 15 years ago.
-
Could someone explain to me what the thing in the bottom left is? Something film-related it seems? (Nice showing the back off on a Linhof Techno by the way, top right. It's a bit late though, they should have done it years ago when they had the tech-friendliest sensors on the market.)
(http://www.digineff.cz/obrdg2016/aktuality/1_3/160407hassel_06.jpg)
-
Anders, it looks like it could be a polaroid back? Just a guess but looks similar to older polaroid backs.
Mat
-
You can use your old film and pola backs
Best regards, Terje - gear junkie
-
It is a polaroid back for the just discontinued Fuji FP100 film packs... :(
-
It would be nice if the film backs shown mean there is no H6X, but that the H6D will also accept film backs and 3rd party digital backs. It would also be nice if they refreshed their D lenses to cover full frame.
While we're dreaming here, it would be really nice if they added a sensor to True Focus to track linear translation of the camera to help adjust focus.
-
A quick reminder: the H5D-50c wi-fi (http://www.hasselblad.com/medium-format/h5d-50c-wi-fi) already accepted film backs (scroll the link till the paragraph titled "film" on the right-hand column). Maybe also the other H5D bodies, I am not sure. I expect all H6D bodies to also accept film backs. I also expect a H6x, for people who want to use a third party back.
-
The wonderful perfume of fresh PR has hit the fan. I'll post a few more here.
It seems the H6D100C does 4K too, which if nicely done might be very nice.
http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/hasselblad-h6d-video-4k-datos-precios_14305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGG8f4H3pps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGjcctLHf8
Edmund
-
Was the golden button really necessary ? :-\
-
The wonderful perfume of fresh PR has hit the fan. I'll post a few more here.
It seems the H6D100C does 4K too, which if nicely done might be very nice.
http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/hasselblad-h6d-video-4k-datos-precios_14305
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGG8f4H3pps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJGjcctLHf8
Edmund
Can't translate the link. But do you know if they added a mic port? 4K silent is seeminly pretty worthless.
Paul C
-
Was the golden button really necessary ? :-\
Looks orange to me. Regardless, now you can easily spot the shutter button from space! :P
-
Ming Thein has a post (http://blog.mingthein.com/2016/04/07/hasselblad-h6d-announcement/#more-12869) with some more pictures and information. Looks like there is an auxiliary Mic port. Could be very interesting indeed, depending on the implementation.
-
Looks orange to me. Regardless, now you can easily spot the shutter button from space! :P
It's not orange, its moon colour! ::)
-
yes, mic or audio-in and out (headphone?)
Look at the spec sheet I linked to at the very top of the other thread.
Edmund
-
yes, mic or audio-in and out (headphone?)
Look at the spec sheet I linked to at the very top of the other thread.
Edmund
Or simply look at the ports:
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1557/26178985065_68589da64c_c.jpg)
(Remember: HDMI also carries audio out.)
-
Or simply look at the ports:
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1557/26178985065_68589da64c_c.jpg)
(Remember: HDMI also carries audio out.)
HDMI carries audio, but it's going the wrong way... Paul's question was about getting audio IN to the camera.
-
Orange is the new chrome. Look at Sony A7's! Lens mount ;)
Was the golden button really necessary ? :-\
-
HDMI carries audio, but it's going the wrong way... Paul's question was about getting audio IN to the camera.
Have you noticed the symbol for the jack plug just above the HDMI port?
-
HDMI carries audio, but it's going the wrong way... Paul's question was about getting audio IN to the camera.
That's what the mic input is for. You are still limited to stereo input and by the internal codec, but if you want to use this camera for anything serious I'm sure you'll have a separate audio recorder with multiple XLR inputs and phantom power.