Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: one/and/a/half on April 05, 2016, 04:58:15 am

Title: How to cut a roll of paper?
Post by: one/and/a/half on April 05, 2016, 04:58:15 am
Hi. I've got a 44" roll of fine art paper (Epson Hot Press) and I'd like to use it with a 24" printer. Anyone with experience how to cut it? Maybe its trivial -- I just don't want to make this roll unusable...
Title: Re: How to cut a roll of paper?
Post by: stcstc31 on April 05, 2016, 05:00:10 am
need a log cutter

lot of materials suppliers to sign industry will have them


some are better than others and the edge finish


Title: Re: How to cut a roll of paper?
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on April 05, 2016, 05:36:03 am
Hi. I've got a 44" roll of fine art paper (Epson Hot Press) and I'd like to use it with a 24" printer. Anyone with experience how to cut it? Maybe its trivial -- I just don't want to make this roll unusable...

DIY method. Wrap the roll tightly in an extra sheet of hard paper. Use preferably a bandsaw with small teeths or a hand mitre saw with fine teeth. A guide to get a 90 degrees cut. For the 24" part make sure that the cut side is not the side the printer will measure its alignment on but the other side. So standing in front of the printer the cut side should be on the left. That will reduce errors at loading that paper roll. You can roll the remaining <20" roll onto another core to get the smooth paper edge at the right side.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Title: Re: How to cut a roll of paper?
Post by: one/and/a/half on April 05, 2016, 06:32:47 am
Than you both. Great! :)