Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: iCanvas on April 04, 2016, 07:16:08 pm

Title: Problem with print size on 9900 at 720 dpi and 1440 dpi
Post by: iCanvas on April 04, 2016, 07:16:08 pm
I print mainly on Epson Exhibition Matte canvas and I use OSX, the latest. In the Photoshop 6  printer dialogue box, to print at 720 dpi, I choose "canvas" as the fine art medium. If I choose Exhibition Matte Canvas, it will only allow me to print at 1440 dpi. I print at 720 for speed and cannot tell the difference anyway between 720 and 1440. Anyway, when I print at 720dpi the printer prints the image size exactly. When I print at 1440 the print comes out about a half inch short in height. The width is fine. It's not cutting off the print, but the entire print, height wise, is shrunk. I know I can increase the height in the photoshop to offset the shrinkage, but find it strange the printer would do that. Has anyone experience this problem?

Gar