Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: John Hollenberg on April 03, 2016, 05:33:49 pm

Title: Canon ipf6300 - Horizontal Line in Light Cyan in Printhead Adjustment
Post by: John Hollenberg on April 03, 2016, 05:33:49 pm
I am setting up a canon ipf6300.  Everything went fine until I got to the "Printhead Adjustment".  When the printer was finished printing I noticed a fine horizontal line in many (but not all) of the light cyan blocks.  Hard to photograph, but I did my best.  None of the other color blocks showed this line.  I had a roll of Epson Premium Lust 260 loaded, media type was Premium Semigloss 280.  I am wondering if this abnormality is a subtle head strike and whether I should try adjusting the head height or vacuum for this media type.  I don't know if this will show up in actual prints, haven't gotten that far yet.  Nozzle check is perfect.

Thoughts?

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48149991/ipf6300%20Line.jpg)
Title: Re: Canon ipf6300 - Horizontal Line in Light Cyan in Printhead Adjustment
Post by: Ernst Dinkla on April 04, 2016, 06:18:19 am
I am setting up a canon ipf6300.  Everything went fine until I got to the "Printhead Adjustment".  When the printer was finished printing I noticed a fine horizontal line in many (but not all) of the light cyan blocks.  Hard to photograph, but I did my best.  None of the other color blocks showed this line.  I had a roll of Epson Premium Lust 260 loaded, media type was Premium Semigloss 280.  I am wondering if this abnormality is a subtle head strike and whether I should try adjusting the head height or vacuum for this media type.  I don't know if this will show up in actual prints, haven't gotten that far yet.  Nozzle check is perfect.

Thoughts?

(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/48149991/ipf6300%20Line.jpg)

Try normal printing first. A nozzle issue in test targets might be compensated by nozzle substitution in normal printing runs.


Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Title: Re: Canon ipf6300 - Horizontal Line in Light Cyan in Printhead Adjustment
Post by: John Hollenberg on April 04, 2016, 01:02:58 pm
Made a couple of prints, don't see any problems... luckily.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Canon ipf6300 - Horizontal Line in Light Cyan in Printhead Adjustment
Post by: picman on April 12, 2016, 03:21:29 pm
A service mode nozzle test will show all the nozzles. A normal test shows a compensated version.
I'm sure there are better write ups, but a quick google came up with this:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3812165