Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sdwilsonsct on April 03, 2016, 03:13:54 pm

Title: Quiet
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 03, 2016, 03:13:54 pm
Back on the prairie -- sigh...
Feedback welcome.
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 03, 2016, 03:15:23 pm
The first two, wonderful! The third spoils the series.
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: the_marshall_101 on April 03, 2016, 03:20:15 pm
Like the first one.  Could I suggest a very slight dark gradient at the top, to stop it getting lighter and lighter and drawing your attention up out of the frame too much?
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: drmike on April 03, 2016, 03:33:26 pm
I agree with Slobodan, the first two are very good at suggesting isolation and 'quiet'. the third less so.
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on April 03, 2016, 09:14:56 pm
The first one is wonderful. The second image is good but not uniquely "prairie."
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 04, 2016, 04:28:17 am
Soft and with a sense of abandonment. I would love to see #1 with the sky of #2:)
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 04, 2016, 02:28:46 pm
I agree with Rajan and Paulo.
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 04, 2016, 05:51:26 pm
Thanks, folks. I am also partial to #1, can't say why.
#3 seems quiet to me. Perhaps the subject is too subtle.
Title: Re: Quiet
Post by: brandtb on April 04, 2016, 07:27:40 pm
First two are great Scott, not keen on number three as a solo image.  I think in the first two you have that really powerful/wonderful "silent" sense of space with a discreet object or a single discreet set of objects played against it. The last you have three trees and then "those things" on the ground...eye wanders a bit. Is that a good thing/bad thing?...don't know.  Not necessarily a bad image, just not as strong as 1 and 2. It might me more interesting as part of an "editorial story" about a place. /B