Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: biker on April 03, 2016, 02:07:29 pm

Title: Early Spring
Post by: biker on April 03, 2016, 02:07:29 pm
Hi,
that's nothing very special but I liked those converging colours...

I'm not sure about the crop. Too much sky...?
Clean the jet trail? Is it distracting or rather a part of the picture?
Saturate more?

All suggestions are welcome! TIA
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: HCS on April 03, 2016, 02:57:52 pm
The vapor trails are traditionally cloned out. In this picture, however, i'd up the contrast a bit (in general, but specific on the trail) because it adds to the play of lines in the picture. Road, road side, top of hill, vapor trail.

The tree is there to hold it all together.
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: thierrylegros396 on April 04, 2016, 03:18:38 am
Good like this for me.

Thierry
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 04, 2016, 04:09:01 am
Somehow I am left wondering how it would look like in landscape format, with the enhanced perspective.
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on April 04, 2016, 02:05:09 pm
The vapor trails are traditionally cloned out. In this picture, however, i'd up the contrast a bit (in general, but specific on the trail) because it adds to the play of lines in the picture. Road, road side, top of hill, vapor trail.

The tree is there to hold it all together.

I agree. There's no point in trying to pretend that Man doesn't exist when you're taking a photograph of a road!

Jeremy
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: biker on April 09, 2016, 03:55:23 am
Somehow I am left wondering how it would look like in landscape format, with the enhanced perspective.
Unfortunately, there were some trees and pylons - that's why I chose the less typical portrait format.

Thanks for all your tips!
Title: Re: Early Spring
Post by: brandtb on April 09, 2016, 09:02:43 am
Nice composition and yes, the "converging" bands of color. You might look at it with a bit more space on left side of frame if there is any. The blue is a bit dull...don't know if this is from vignetting, naturally occurring, or other - maybe pull up the saturation of the blues just a bit. /B