Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: drmike on April 03, 2016, 08:24:01 am

Title: If there's sun there's shadows
Post by: drmike on April 03, 2016, 08:24:01 am
The sun appeared ...

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1555/26179975886_7d7012f644_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/FTrdJA)

and

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1648/25603228893_6f090183cc_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/F1teWV)

Also

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/26205898335_584338a2a5_o.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/FVJ5zn)

For today I love them. Tomorrow ...
Title: Re: If there's sun there's shadows
Post by: churly on April 03, 2016, 10:47:22 am
I like these today as well.  I enjoy this kind of use of shadows so I expect I'll like them tomorrow as well.  :D
The highlights got chopped in the posting and they would be a bit nicer if that wasn't the case.
Chuck
Title: Re: If there's sun there's shadows
Post by: drmike on April 03, 2016, 11:01:03 am
The highlights are blown to get the effect. I would prefer a little more detail in places but not overall so it is as ever a compromise.