Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: William Walker on April 02, 2016, 04:47:47 am

Title: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: William Walker on April 02, 2016, 04:47:47 am
These mountains are usually lovely every evening, but last night the clouds helped make them look spectacular, I think.
Title: Re: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 02, 2016, 09:21:02 am
Nice, William!
Title: Re: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: stamper on April 02, 2016, 09:56:44 am
Very nice! Worth the effort to post it.
Title: Re: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: RSL on April 02, 2016, 10:30:31 am
It's beautiful William, and it makes me homesick for Colorado.
Title: Re: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 02, 2016, 03:21:05 pm
Lovely, gentle light.

Since this is in the critique section, may I suggest that the foreground is too contrasty and crunchy for the overall feeling of the gentle, soft evening light?
Title: Re: The Elandskloof Mountains
Post by: William Walker on April 04, 2016, 04:45:17 am
Lovely, gentle light.

Since this is in the critique section, may I suggest that the foreground is too contrasty and crunchy for the overall feeling of the gentle, soft evening light?

Thanks Slobodan - I take your point. The reason it looks like it does is because it was pretty "dirty" and dark...perhaps I went too far...

Thanks for the other comments too guys, as you know, I always appreciate them!

William