Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => For Sale => Topic started by: gdh on April 01, 2016, 02:05:58 pm

Title: Korean PhotoclamMultiflex geared head--anyone tried or as one?
Post by: gdh on April 01, 2016, 02:05:58 pm
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PhotoClam-MultiFlex-Gear-Head-New-year-Sale/301409532621?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D777000%26algo%3DABA.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131227121020%26meid%3D9394d1a07f1044849c3562004357dad3%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26sd%3D231895580560&autorefresh=true
Title: Re: Korean PhotoclamMultiflex geared head--anyone tried or as one?
Post by: geesbert on April 05, 2016, 01:57:15 am
I use one for many years now, it's great, I prefer it to the Arca Cube, better knobs.
Title: Re: Korean PhotoclamMultiflex geared head--anyone tried or as one?
Post by: gdh on April 05, 2016, 11:38:19 am
I didn't know they had been around before this year.  That's a good to know. I had the cube years ago, but the weight and the knobs bothered me.
Otherwise, quality seemed comparable?  thanks
Title: Re: Korean PhotoclamMultiflex geared head--anyone tried or as one?
Post by: BoazParson on April 05, 2016, 03:31:49 pm
I chime in, too.
You will be pleased with it, if you use it in the field.

A Professional Artisyt Photographer, Ken Doo from WestCoast has a review on this geared cube  hybrid head.
https://kendoophotography.wordpress.com/2015/04/15/the-kps-t5-geared-ballhead-in-search-of-the-elusive-white-unicorn/
Title: Re: Korean PhotoclamMultiflex geared head--anyone tried or as one?
Post by: mstricklandimages on April 05, 2016, 04:44:04 pm
I'd like to chime in and say I would avoid the "geared" ball head like the plague. I had the chance to try one out and while it's great in theory, the "gearing" in the head does not change orientation linearly. If you're trying to pitch, there will also be some rotation present and the reverse is true as well. If you're wanting something incredibly precise, there's no substitution for the D4 or Cube. I ended up just using the KPS head as a ball head and completely ignored the gearing mechanism.