Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: KMRennie on March 31, 2016, 09:07:51 am

Title: Raven
Post by: KMRennie on March 31, 2016, 09:07:51 am
On Ullswater, English lake district.
Raven was launched in 1889. Shot from the top of Yew Tree Crag this morning. Only after returning home did I notice the wonderful patterns, if I had noticed I would have zoomed in and increased ISO for a faster shutter speed.
All comments welcome. Ken
Title: Re: Raven
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 31, 2016, 09:23:33 am
That's a fine catch.
Title: Re: Raven
Post by: MattBurt on March 31, 2016, 12:39:14 pm
Very nice! I love those kinds of effects.
Title: Re: Raven
Post by: thierrylegros396 on April 01, 2016, 03:14:39 am
Very nice! I love those kinds of effects.

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: Raven
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on April 01, 2016, 04:30:36 am
Nice effect, but the boat looks a bit fuzzy?
Title: Re: Raven
Post by: KMRennie on April 02, 2016, 06:44:03 am
I agree Paulo 1/15s and I have resized the file slightly, the boat is not pin sharp. At the size posted here the entire image would be approx 2m wide, however it is no excuse for choosing the wrong focal length and shutter speed for the image especially as I was standing on the top of a fell waiting for the boat for approx 1hour.
Ken