Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: marcgoldring on March 31, 2016, 08:49:19 am
-
I've figured out (thanks to this Forum) how to get the Nik plugins to show in "edit in" by unchecking the box in Prefs that says to store presets with catalog - or words to that effect... Fine, but when I do that, my printer presets disappear. I'd love to figure out a way to have both of these operating. Not sure I'll stick with the Nik stuff, even for free, but while I'm checking these out, it would make life a tad simpler.
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Marco
-
You'd need to move or copy your user presets from their 'catalogue location' to the OS default location.
This will depend on what OS you're using and how you've set LR up.
Fairly easy to work out and move things around, but remember to consider how you might need to change your back up strategy.
-
Excellent and thanks. Seems pretty obvious now that you mention it! :)
Marc
-
Yes, it's annoying and can't see why 'edit in' has anything to do with where pre-sets are stored.
-
What really makes this a tad silly is that I can just check and uncheck the pref setting depending on whether I need the export presets or the Nik plug-ins. And since I"m not at all sure I will use the Nik stuff, it's easier to postpone sorting this out until that question is resolved...
M