Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Arlen on March 31, 2016, 12:39:50 am

Title: The Barnyard
Post by: Arlen on March 31, 2016, 12:39:50 am
Having led into this subject from the rear, so to speak, in my previous Out Back post featuring an old ranch after a snow storm, I'll move around to another angle showing the barnyard. This barn was built in the late 1800's, and it retains the original beams. I had admired it in passing many times, but after the snowfall I approached the ranch house and knocked on the door. An elderly lady answered, and kindly granted permission for me to wander around taking pictures--with the understanding that I would bring back some prints for her. Which I did a few days later, and at that point received a guided tour from her son. Quite an informative and rewarding experience.

Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: Chairman Bill on March 31, 2016, 12:48:54 am
I like it. Really nice composition & B&W suits the subject perfectly
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 31, 2016, 02:26:27 am
+1
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: stamper on March 31, 2016, 03:39:35 am
I like it. Really nice composition & B&W suits the subject perfectly

I heartily concur!
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: francois on March 31, 2016, 04:00:19 am
Very nice composition. I love the wintery landscape.
Well done!
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: RSL on March 31, 2016, 07:12:47 am
I heartily concur!

+1
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 31, 2016, 09:30:31 am
I agree with all the praise.

It is in astonishingly good condition for its age. Old barns around here (Massachusetts) usually have sway-back roof lines or all falling down.
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: Arlen on April 01, 2016, 12:37:25 am
Thanks, guys. Glad you liked it.
Title: Re: The Barnyard
Post by: MattBurt on April 01, 2016, 06:39:35 pm
Good stuff, great foreground and context. I like!