Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: rogerxnz on March 29, 2016, 07:05:57 pm

Title: Still Life
Post by: rogerxnz on March 29, 2016, 07:05:57 pm
Is there any merit in this image beyond the merging of two files?
Roger
Title: Re: Still Life
Post by: francois on March 31, 2016, 04:12:15 am
As far as I'm concerned, not much, I'm afraid… That being said, don't stop experimenting.
Title: Re: Still Life
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 31, 2016, 02:35:24 pm
I'm afraid my first thought was she had a potentially interesting skin disease. It doesn't do anything for me. Sorry.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Still Life
Post by: RSL on March 31, 2016, 02:58:06 pm
Let's face it, it's not a particularly attractive torso, and the wood behind the torso doesn't do anything for it. Needs a re-shoot, but more importantly needs a re-think.
Title: Re: Still Life
Post by: rogerxnz on March 31, 2016, 09:21:20 pm
No need to apologise, folks. I'm not happy with the image myself, which is why I put it up for critiquing.

The "skin disease" is my attempt to make it look as if she is part of the tree and emerging/revealing herself.

I now think that, as a nude-in-a-landscape image, my pic fails at a basic level because there is not enough landscape and the ratio between the two elements is vastly overweighted in favour of the nude.

Anyone having success in the nude-in-a-landscape area?


I'm afraid my first thought was she had a potentially interesting skin disease. It doesn't do anything for me. Sorry.

Jeremy