Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on March 29, 2016, 12:29:54 pm

Title: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Bob_B on March 29, 2016, 12:29:54 pm
I've completed my first foray into transferring the hundreds of my 35 mm Kodachrome and Ektachrome slides into digital copies. Each one is the result of four separate images stitched using either PS or Hugin (very nice software BTW). PS and LR were then used to remove dust and debris and process the image, respectively.

Here are a series of photographs I took while vacationing in Duck, North Carolina during August 1981. Lots of great memories in these photos, rest assured! Please feel free to comment and offer suggestions for improvement. Thank you for viewing.

Cheers,
    Bob
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: maddogmurph on March 29, 2016, 05:17:21 pm
The year I was born!  :o
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Bob_B on March 29, 2016, 06:03:47 pm
The year I was born!  :o

Thanks a million for making me feel old.  ;)
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 29, 2016, 07:53:19 pm
A nice set of the classical silhouette-against-sunset images from the film era. They mostly differ only slightly in composition, the top one being my favorite.
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Bob_B on March 30, 2016, 11:32:00 am
Thanks Jens. I waver between the first and the third. I like the way the tire track impressions in the mud lead out to the boats in the third image, while favoring the colors in the first.
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: MattBurt on March 30, 2016, 06:08:32 pm
Lovely images! I think the first is my favorite with a little more visual interest than the rest.
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 31, 2016, 04:32:13 am
Such a poor dynamic range:)

Wonderful colour, and grain too:)
Title: Re: Shore Sunset August 1981
Post by: Bob_B on March 31, 2016, 08:26:48 am
Such a poor dynamic range:)

Wonderful colour, and grain too:)

True, but not a speck of dust to be seen :). Thanks Paulo.