Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on March 28, 2016, 12:08:49 pm

Title: Creek walk
Post by: MattBurt on March 28, 2016, 12:08:49 pm
This is my go-to place when the light is looking good and I don't have much time. It's close and easily accessible by car or bike. There are also lots of different angles to include water and sky so no matter where the sky action is happening I can probably include it in my composition.

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1631/25401297014_57dfbee415_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/EGChCN)IMGP2438-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/EGChCN) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1626/25911463272_57f3b404e3_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/FtH2hL)IMGP2464-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/FtH2hL) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1474/25399407214_a58ea3c151_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/EGsAS3)IMGP2461-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/EGsAS3) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: polaris-14 on March 28, 2016, 01:23:54 pm
I think the third one is executed very nicely. Spring should be here any moment now.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: maddogmurph on March 28, 2016, 05:22:39 pm
The first one has a nice feel to me.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 28, 2016, 11:51:08 pm
The first one has a nice feel to me.
+1.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 29, 2016, 03:31:31 am
The first one has a nice feel to me.

+2

Thierry
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 29, 2016, 04:34:19 am
I like the harmonius composition and colours in 3.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 29, 2016, 05:26:55 am
#1 is my favourite, due to the combination of golden light in the shrubs and movement in the water.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: stamper on March 29, 2016, 06:03:21 am
Processing is spot on and# 1 is especially fine.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: francois on March 29, 2016, 09:08:56 am
I also vote for the first one. I like the light and the cleaner look vs the other two shots.
Title: Re: Creek walk
Post by: MattBurt on March 29, 2016, 11:47:24 am
Thanks for all the comments!
The first was obviously a little earlier with that nice foreground light but a less colorful sky. I think that is probably my favorite of the set as well. I've taken a similar shot before on crop gear and now that I have a MF camera I'm trying to go back and "upgrade" a lot of successful photos I've taken in the past on smaller gear. I consider this one a successful upgrade. :)