Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: LeonD on March 28, 2016, 11:10:37 am

Title: Problem Adding New Drive To Lightroom 6
Post by: LeonD on March 28, 2016, 11:10:37 am
I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.11.4 and Lightroom 6.5.  My hard drive is getting full so I'm looking to move my pictures to an external hard drive.

I'm attempting to add a folder in the Lightroom Library.  My problem is the folder gets added to a Volumes folder in the existing hard drive as opposed to creating a new hard drive.

Am I doing something wrong or am I running into a bug?
Title: Re: Problem Adding New Drive To Lightroom 6
Post by: LeonD on March 28, 2016, 11:52:47 am
As an example, I tried to add a new Hard Drive named Photo LaCie with the folder Pictures in it. Instead of creating a new hard drive near the Macintosh HD at the top, it added it to a Volumes folder at the bottom.


Title: Re: Problem Adding New Drive To Lightroom 6
Post by: LeonD on March 28, 2016, 12:17:20 pm
I found the fix.

Not sure why but it had to do with Hiding Parents (right clicking on volumes and selecting "Hide the Parent" till they were all gone) and restarting Lightroom.