Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on March 26, 2016, 07:21:58 pm

Title: Point Arena
Post by: maddogmurph on March 26, 2016, 07:21:58 pm
A couple from yesterday.
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: sierraman on March 26, 2016, 11:47:37 pm
Both are very nice. I like the first one best. Better though without the seagull.
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: Arlen on March 27, 2016, 02:14:19 am
You do get around to some awesome places, Maddog. Looks like it was a beautiful day out there.
(I kind of like the seagull.)
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: Walt Roycraft on March 27, 2016, 02:18:21 pm
Landscape with the gull gets my vote(if we're voting)
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 27, 2016, 09:37:56 pm
I like how the U-shaped foreground on the top one frames the scene. I would crop some off the bottom, though, to give more prominence to the cliffs and lighthouse.
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: francois on March 29, 2016, 07:15:22 am
I also like the first image a lot. The light in both is gorgeous but the composition on the first is tighter/better/stronger. It helps me to focus on the lighthouse.
Well done.
Title: Re: Point Arena
Post by: MattBurt on March 29, 2016, 11:55:41 am
Both very nice but I agree there is a little too much repetitive foreground in the first. The water texture and color in the second is wonderful.