Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on March 25, 2016, 11:52:59 pm

Title: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 25, 2016, 11:52:59 pm
I did a whole series of shots at the "Rust in Peace," truck graveyard. This and Shattered Dreams are my two favorites.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Arlen on March 26, 2016, 12:34:41 am
Shattered Dreams is good, but I really like this one, Chris. It's simple and yet, at a different level when you really look, complex. And the color and tone are just right.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: BobDavid on March 26, 2016, 02:39:04 am
+1
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: francois on March 26, 2016, 06:29:38 am
This one is also very interesting like "Shattered Dreams".
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 26, 2016, 08:13:45 am
Shattered Dreams is good, but I really like this one, Chris. It's simple and yet, at a different level when you really look, complex. And the color and tone are just right.
+3.

This is a powerful image.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: brandtb on March 26, 2016, 08:52:04 am
very nice image...tones, shapes, composition, color /B
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: stamper on March 26, 2016, 09:05:02 am
The praise is justified.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 26, 2016, 10:09:40 am
Great stuff, Chris!
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: RSL on March 26, 2016, 10:26:28 am
Good shooting, Chris.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Rob C on March 26, 2016, 11:43:25 am
King of the pair! (IMO)

Great treatment!

Rob C
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Arlen on March 26, 2016, 12:23:36 pm
I've come back to this one repeatedly, and am more impressed each time. You turned a graveyard into a goldmine. One of the best images I've seen in a while.
Title: Re: An Open Door Policy
Post by: Chris Calohan on March 26, 2016, 01:27:06 pm
Thank, Arlen and everyone for the kind comments. I've spent three days at this location so far and just barely scratched the surface as to what can be gathered amongst these poor old rusting Fords. Later today, I will post the series I have thus far. This particular image has been printed three times on different surfaces with metal topping all three. On the last image on metal, I've added a door handle I obtained from another old ford...it's getting interesting  :o