Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on March 25, 2016, 05:45:10 pm

Title: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 25, 2016, 05:45:10 pm
Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1 (http://blog.parrikar.com/2016/03/26/icelandic-winter-sketches-1/)

Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: the_marshall_101 on March 25, 2016, 05:51:19 pm
I like them.  Sketches is a good description.  There's something intriguing about the compositions and the borders set them off nicely.  :)
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: luxborealis on March 25, 2016, 06:44:33 pm
Great works, again, Rajan.

I know snowscapes can be on the blue side and you are shooting in overcast conditions, but are they slightly "too" blue or is it the off-white background or a combination of both?
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Arlen on March 26, 2016, 12:40:19 am
I'm a sucker for sketches, and the first one is about as close as you can come without a pencil. I would be happy to hang it on the wall.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Chairman Bill on March 26, 2016, 04:20:47 am
Both superb, and I'd hang both on my wall, but yes, maybe a slight blue cast to them?
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 26, 2016, 08:18:10 am
Both superb, and I'd hang both on my wall, but yes, maybe a slight blue cast to them?
+1.

But the blue feels right to me.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 26, 2016, 12:49:09 pm
Thank you, gentlemen.

Terry & Bill - I didn't adjust the white balance as I wanted the bluish flavour captured by the camera to stay there.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Chairman Bill on March 26, 2016, 05:46:17 pm
Blue cast or not, they're still very good
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Peter McLennan on March 26, 2016, 07:26:14 pm
Love the sketchyness.  Love the blue.

I'd have gone for darker shadows in the first one and I'd have been wrong.  Rajan's nailed it.

As usual.  :)
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: philaitman on March 27, 2016, 06:02:48 am
Very Graphic and wonderful work as always :)
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Walt Roycraft on March 27, 2016, 02:15:42 pm
Beautiful!
Wondering if Rajan ever takes just a plain "ordinary" photo :)
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 28, 2016, 03:05:29 pm
Excellent, Rajan. I shiver just looking at the first.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 28, 2016, 04:53:56 pm
Thank you, again, to all.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 29, 2016, 05:37:19 am
#2 for me.
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: MattBurt on March 29, 2016, 11:57:06 am
Lovely scenes. I think I prefer the second. They make me want to climb and ski some of those snow ribbons! :D
Title: Re: Icelandic Winter Sketches - 1
Post by: KMRennie on March 29, 2016, 07:03:27 pm
Both images are terrific, I do prefer the first though.
Ken