Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: the_marshall_101 on March 23, 2016, 03:36:56 pm
-
This was taken on a 3/9 aurora alert - which later exploded into something much greater - at least a 6 by my reckoning?! This wasn't quite the peak but it turned out the most beautiful shot of the session IMO. As with all aurora shots, there's an element of luck in getting them to come into your composition but I'm pleased I was there to capture it!
Found a nice roadside composition north of Akureyri - again, stroke of luck with the great shaped mountains!
More images here: www.theimageproject.xyz/blog/iceland-2016
-
Phenomenal! Superb composition.
-
+1
-
Phenomenal! Superb composition.
Why thank you :)
-
Very graphic and dynamic. Good Work!
-
Beautiful. I think the peak of action is a relative thing. In my opinion, this is the peak as you capture it! :) Very breathtaking.
-
As i mentioned on the other thread, this is the best Aurora shot I've seen to date. Absolutely magnificent :)
-
Those auroras, certainly moody things aren't they? When they are on they are on big time. Most of the time they just tease you. Nice image.
-
Amazing shot :) :)
Thierry
-
Very graphic and dynamic. Good Work!
Thanks.
-
Beautiful. I think the peak of action is a relative thing. In my opinion, this is the peak as you capture it! :) Very breathtaking.
Peak of beauty rather than magnituude, yes! Thanks :)
-
As i mentioned on the other thread, this is the best Aurora shot I've seen to date. Absolutely magnificent :)
Again, thanks - that's high praise!
-
Those auroras, certainly moody things aren't they? When they are on they are on big time. Most of the time they just tease you. Nice image.
Thanks Kevin. They are certainly not very understanding when it comes to me trying to get them into my frame! :)
-
Amazing shot :) :)
Thierry
Cheers :)