Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on March 22, 2016, 10:35:34 pm

Title: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 22, 2016, 10:35:34 pm
Very simple. Just get in line with everybody else.

A7II, Sigma 70/2.8 @ f/11 (possibly the worst lens I could have picked for this shot)

(http://peermann.com/NSN/JPP-005788_a.C1_NSN.jpg)
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 23, 2016, 06:19:30 am
Interesting and funny.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 23, 2016, 08:27:56 am
Interesting and funny.
+1.

The only thing I'd consider adding would be a couple of sheep dogs in position to herd the crowds.   :D
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: sierraman on March 23, 2016, 08:30:25 am
Must have been a slow morning!  :)
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 23, 2016, 09:28:23 am
+1.

The only thing I'd consider adding would be a couple of sheep dogs in position to herd the crowds.   :D

I Tried that. But all the dogs I asked said "Thanks. Been there, done that."
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: langier on March 23, 2016, 10:19:33 am
Sometimes the spectacle is more spectacular than event.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: James Clark on March 23, 2016, 10:41:25 am
 ;D  Nice.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: muntanela on March 23, 2016, 11:41:50 am
This is the most interesting shot (perhaps now the only one possible) of this place I have seen. By the way, it is a beautiful place, I don't  mean the arch and the view, but shrubs, sheepbacks (if they are sheepbacks) and so on.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: fredweymouth on March 23, 2016, 01:39:29 pm
Too funny. Nice.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Peter McLennan on March 23, 2016, 03:17:02 pm
Once the herd had dispersed and I was packing up, this happened.

(https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1675/25917499361_81e5da4102_b.jpg)
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 23, 2016, 09:11:13 pm
So that's what they were all waiting to photograph!   ;)
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 24, 2016, 09:36:08 am
Once the herd had dispersed and I was packing up, this happened.

(https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1675/25917499361_81e5da4102_b.jpg)

This reeks of Darwin Award.
Title: Re: How to take that One-of-a-Kind Sunrise Shot at Mesa Arch
Post by: shotupdave on March 24, 2016, 02:17:21 pm
that's a small crowd, i have been there and you cant get a front line position