Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on March 22, 2016, 06:44:05 pm

Title: Glacial boulders
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on March 22, 2016, 06:44:05 pm
On the east coast of the Isle of Arran, in Scotland, lies Corrie beach: an incredible location where the shore is made by fossil sands compressed millions of years ago. The sands have been then eroded in amazing shapes by the water and the wind, and if this wasn't enough to stimulate and inspire the photographer who wander over them, the last glacial era dropped huge boulders on them. I love to spend time on Corrie every time I get to Arran, every time finding new and different compositions.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/6Z10834_FM.jpg)

With the Pentax 645z and the Pentax 28-45mm f/4.5. Thanks for viewing, best

Vieri
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 22, 2016, 10:12:48 pm
The colors in the foreground are wild.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 22, 2016, 10:37:45 pm
Incredible foreground colors. I know it is not popular to suggest cropping, but I would crop the upper fifth, just under the big white cloud, to concentrate attention even more on the foreground.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: francois on March 23, 2016, 06:00:38 am
Excellent composition with incredibly vibrant colors.
Superb!
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 23, 2016, 06:17:29 am
amazing. Besides being a great hpoto, it is also a great geological photo, should be on a textbook.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: stamper on March 23, 2016, 09:20:56 am
As it is it is a fine image but I think it is begging for a B&W conversion?
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 23, 2016, 10:15:31 am
As it is it is a fine image but I think it is begging for a B&W conversion?
That's just what I was going to say.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: sdwilsonsct on March 23, 2016, 10:56:38 am
That's just what I was going to say.

The colours are a little distracting. Otherwise very fine.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: fredweymouth on March 23, 2016, 01:42:23 pm
Lovely. Would not change a thing.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: polaris-14 on March 23, 2016, 01:58:25 pm
Beautiful foreground and I think the cloud supports that. If cropped, I would feel disappointed after following the rocks as leading lines.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: the_marshall_101 on March 23, 2016, 03:30:47 pm
Fantastic.  Love the colours.
Title: Re: Glacial boulders
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on March 23, 2016, 05:24:27 pm
Thank you very much everyone for your very nice comments, much appreciated!:D

About cropping, I am not against it per se, and I certainly see Slobodan's point; I felt that the lighter cloud sort of added balance to the composition, both lifting it up a bit and giving it a bit of breathing space... YMMV of course :D

Thanks again everyone, best regards

Vieri