Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on March 22, 2016, 09:35:19 am
-
Couldn't get close enough fast enough. Had to crop. I'm so ashamed!
-
Couldn't get close enough fast enough. Had to crop. I'm so ashamed!
Don't be, even if expressed in jocular manner: it's wonderful!
Rob
P.S.
If I may add: it's one of those shots where, strangely, even having a lot of information doesn't lead to overkill: it leads to added interest. As recently discussed here, that's not usually the case. ;-)
-
If I may add: it's one of those shots where, strangely, even having a lot of information doesn't lead to overkill: it leads to added interest. As recently discussed here, that's not usually the case. ;-)
Agreed.
As for cropping in this case, I refer you to Amendment 9c of the Law Against Cropping:
"Exceptions: No shame shall be incurred if cropping is planned at the time of exposure and takes place under one of the following circumstances--
1. Equipment at hand is incapable of capturing the intended scene without cropping, or
2. Time or physical obstacles do not permit photographing from the ideal viewpoint, or
3. Other hazards (such as hungry bears or crocodiles, speeding Ferraris, raging torrents, cliffs, terrorists, etc.) make the desired viewpoint extremely dangerous;
recognizing that such conditions may lessen the quality of the resulting image. Nevertheless, there is no shame."
I hope this helps you feel better, Russ.
Fine photo. You haven't lost the touch.
-Eric
-
Agreed.
As for cropping in this case, I refer you to Amendment 9c of the Law Against Cropping:
"Exceptions: No shame shall be incurred if cropping is planned at the time of exposure and takes place under one of the following circumstances--
1. Equipment at hand is incapable of capturing the intended scene without cropping, or
2. Time or physical obstacles do not permit photographing from the ideal viewpoint, or
3. Other hazards (such as hungry bears or crocodiles, speeding Ferraris, raging torrents, cliffs, terrorists, etc.) make the desired viewpoint extremely dangerous;
recognizing that such conditions may lessen the quality of the resulting image. Nevertheless, there is no shame."
I hope this helps you feel better, Russ.
Fine photo. You haven't lost the touch.
-Eric
After all those painkillers, it's a friggin' miracle! I hope the basic problem has been fixed - Russ, it has?
Rob
-
You guys realize I was just echoing a phrase Joe McNally uses when he does something that's a departure from received wisdom? The other thing he often says is: "I feel so dirty." I thought that was going a bit far because it wasn't really that much of a crop.
-
You guys realize I was just echoing a phrase Joe McNally uses when he does something that's a departure from received wisdom? The other thing he often says is: "I feel so dirty." I thought that was going a bit far because it wasn't really that much of a crop.
Nope, flew right over my head! I'm so ashamed!
;-)
Rob
-
If Russ crops, anybody can crop. It's like getting the Freedom of the City.
-
If Russ crops, anybody can crop. It's like getting the Freedom of the City.
Damn, I misread that last bit... must be wishful thinking.
:-)
Rob
-
Cropping is for pussies.
-
Cropping is for pussies.
So that explains this:
https://www.google.es/search?q=only+her+hairdresser+knows+for+sure&rlz=1C2PRFE_enES586ES586&biw=1260&bih=866&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwi70OODvNbLAhVLnBoKHQggBpEQsAQIMg
Rob C
-
Lock the aspect ratio and no one need ever know...
(There is a theory that men admit to their infidelities in the hope of being forgiven, whereas women realise that confession is selfish and it will be better for everyone if nothing is said).
-
Lock the aspect ratio and no one need ever know...
(There is a theory that men admit to their infidelities in the hope of being forgiven, whereas women realise that confession is selfish and it will be better for everyone if nothing is said).
I always believed in the infinite wisdom of women, well, of some women.
Rob
-
Crop circles, crop ratios, crops that you're paid not to plant and crops you make work with unintended consewuences, but as to cropping photos..hey, sometimes ya just gots to do it :-)
-
"Life is about a little kid driving a Mini..." which is, after all, just a cropped automobile. ;)
-
"Life is about a little kid driving a Mini..." which is, after all, just a cropped automobile. ;)
Yep, with a Continental Extension on the price.
Rob
-
Alas though, I traded the Mini in on a Honda HRV (new model). I needed something reliable to tow behind the behemoth motor home...sigh, I'll miss my baby but as time moves on, so must I.