Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Sutherland on March 21, 2016, 09:01:46 pm

Title: PS Selection and PhotoKit Sharpener
Post by: Sutherland on March 21, 2016, 09:01:46 pm
Is it possible to use a saved selection from PS to build a mask in PhotoKit Sharpener?  I ask because I'd like to use a fairly complicated saved selection rather than the brush tool to create a mask.
Title: Re: PS Selection and PhotoKit Sharpener
Post by: howardm on March 22, 2016, 07:02:05 am
I think all you need to do is

run the sharpener w/o a mask
do a Load As Selection of the desired mask/selection
do a create mask (from the bottom of the layers menu).

Any active selection during mask creation forces the mask to have the selected contents.
Title: Re: PS Selection and PhotoKit Sharpener
Post by: Sutherland on March 22, 2016, 09:25:36 am
Howard - many thanks, that does the trick.