Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: graeme on March 21, 2016, 10:17:56 am

Title: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: graeme on March 21, 2016, 10:17:56 am
I updated to the latest version of Lightroom this morning & ran into this issue:

http://photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00dpHJ?unified_p=1

What is it with adobe these days?
Title: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: davidgp on March 21, 2016, 11:15:53 am
Same happen to me with this last update. Previous one had an issue with HDR and Panaramas that I did not check it yet if they had fixed it. Before that we had the random deletes the files from HD that affected my installation of backblaze... Previous to that, the infamous new import dialog...
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: rdonson on March 21, 2016, 02:49:44 pm
This bug hit a friend of mine today.  Thanks to Graeme I was able to offer him a solution that worked!  Thanks!!!
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: rdonson on March 21, 2016, 02:58:46 pm

What is it with adobe these days?

Good question!

I updated two Macs just fine then my wife started cursing at her Mac.  It was behaving very oddly in the develop module.  It took me a while but I found that the graphics processor performance "enhancement" had been turned back on.  Turning it off restored her Lightroom back to its normal behavior.  Her machine only has 512MB VRAM and the "enhancement" only succeeds in slowing things down and negatively affecting the adjustment sliders on her machine. 

Quite an update!
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: DougJ on March 22, 2016, 10:35:42 pm
Before I attempt to update LR on my Windows 7 machine, my question is: has this latest LR update problem been observed on Windows machines? using which OS's.

Appreciate any warnings.

Ciao,

Doug

Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: aduke on March 23, 2016, 12:21:44 am
It works well on my Windows 10 system.

Alan
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: mbaginy on March 23, 2016, 01:50:48 am
Updated without any problems on my Macs.
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: john beardsworth on March 23, 2016, 06:33:55 am
The problem only affects a small number of Mac users.

It may relate to certain plug-ins which incorrectly changed the folder permissions when they were installed. Previous Lr upgrades installed anyway, this one didn't.
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: rdonson on March 23, 2016, 11:07:06 am
John, that's very interesting....
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: davidgp on March 24, 2016, 03:19:51 am

The problem only affects a small number of Mac users.

It may relate to certain plug-ins which incorrectly changed the folder permissions when they were installed. Previous Lr upgrades installed anyway, this one didn't.

Not sure why I was of the "lucky" one selected to have this trouble... But I basically just have Lightroom + Photoshop installed... (CC photographers offer or whatever is called), no plugins at all...


http://dgpfotografia.com
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: john beardsworth on March 24, 2016, 08:13:52 am
Ever installed anything like Nik?
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: davidgp on March 24, 2016, 09:26:21 am
Nope, I basically have installed: Lightroom, Photoshop, final cut x, and the rest are things like chrome, Skype, some programming tools for my main job... But no plugins like nik or similar...
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: john beardsworth on March 24, 2016, 09:55:56 am
Ever? It's not simply what's installed now.
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: davidgp on March 24, 2016, 10:26:31 am
Ever, the system is less than one year old... And I don't use anything else than Lightroom and Photoshop
Title: Re: Lightroom Update Problem
Post by: john beardsworth on March 24, 2016, 10:53:18 am
OK, then hopefully the shell script fixed it.