Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: David Eckels on March 19, 2016, 02:16:30 am

Title: Future Imperfect
Post by: David Eckels on March 19, 2016, 02:16:30 am
What our friend Rob C talks about. Not exactly landscape other than the profile I chose in LR  ;D
Rhyolite NV USA
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 19, 2016, 03:48:23 am
Interresting framing and complementary colors.

Thierry
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 19, 2016, 09:33:53 am
Good seeing, David.

My one visit to Rhyolite was fascinating, but I didn't see the good sights that you have found.

I recall one smallish building that looked mostly intact (perhaps an old railroad station?) that had numerous warning signs not to enter because of rattlesnake nest inside.

Eric
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 20, 2016, 12:46:58 am
Good colours and framing. Are the window frames really bowing inside, or is that distortion from the lens?
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: MattBurt on March 20, 2016, 01:34:07 am
Simple yet interesting. I like it.
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: David Eckels on March 20, 2016, 10:23:41 am
Are the window frames really bowing inside, or is that distortion from the lens?
I think it's your astigmatism, Paulo ;) Seriously, I know what you are seeing, but I think it is an optical illusion. The wood casing could be warped, but I measured with a straight edge and they are not bowed. That being said, shot at 28 mm with LR lens correction, there may be some possibility that it's off. Perhaps MY astigmatism compensates! ;) ;) Please pardon my humor.
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 20, 2016, 01:23:30 pm
To my eyes it looks as if the wood casing on the viewer's right is slightly warped, but the other three sides all look exactly straight.

And I do have an appointment tomorrow morning with my eye doctor. Maybe I'll show him the image and ask him if they're all straight.  :D
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 22, 2016, 10:21:27 pm
The first new composition I've seen of Rhyolite in years. Well Done!
Title: Re: Future Imperfect
Post by: David Eckels on March 24, 2016, 08:37:24 pm
The first new composition I've seen of Rhyolite in years. Well Done!
High praise, Jens. Many thanks!