Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: James Clark on March 17, 2016, 10:03:51 pm

Title: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: James Clark on March 17, 2016, 10:03:51 pm
High winds and heavy seas this week.  This is a quick laptop edit, so it's a bit crunchy, but I like the content and the composition.  I'll smooth it out and give it a bit more subtlety when I get home.
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: francois on March 18, 2016, 07:18:14 am
Beautiful, this is a perfect evocation of the Pacific islands.
Well done!
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: thierrylegros396 on March 18, 2016, 07:56:01 am
Very nice for a quick edit  ;)

Thierry
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 19, 2016, 12:14:15 am
nicely done.
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: the_marshall_101 on March 25, 2016, 05:58:58 pm
Nice.  The wave is just in the right place!
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: luxborealis on March 25, 2016, 06:42:46 pm
Looks rather foreboding for a tropical place! When you're next at it, consider nailing your white point and opening up the shadows.
Title: Re: North Shore, O'ahu
Post by: James Clark on March 28, 2016, 11:59:11 am
Looks rather foreboding for a tropical place! When you're next at it, consider nailing your white point and opening up the shadows.

I finally got this image loaded onto my regular production computer - you're right - it's dark for sure, but I think there's great potential in the composition.  I'm not sure I agree about opening up the shadows as I like the contrast in they scene, but lifting the whites (And perhaps some of the midtones) looks promising.