Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: ad9t on March 17, 2016, 08:39:31 am

Title: Tools needed for complete workflow
Post by: ad9t on March 17, 2016, 08:39:31 am
I am evaluating Capture One. I used Aperture for years, and have been using Light Room for most of the last year. Every time I evaluate the two programs, CO has a clear advantage in image quality, but LR offers a much more complete workflow. Now as I look at transferring my archive from Aperture, I am finding it much easer to move to CO than LR.

My question is, what tools do you use with CO to complete your workflow?
Title: Re: Tools needed for complete workflow
Post by: larsbroberg on March 17, 2016, 10:19:47 am
I need a couple of tools to complement C1P.

Autopano for creating panoramas.
Aurora HDR for creating HDR. Most of the time C1P is enough though. I'm amazed at how much information C1P can pull from highlights and shadows.
Pixelmator for pixel-editing, the repair-tool is extremely good.
Title: Re: Tools needed for complete workflow
Post by: AlterEgo on March 17, 2016, 12:23:04 pm
My question is, what tools do you use with CO to complete your workflow?


FRV (FastRawViewer)) to estimate __raw__ data quality
creating "camera profiles" with dcamprof
postprocess the tiff with PS and plugins (including ACR as a plugin... also curvemeister, focus magic, C3C plugin for resize (down), alienskin exposure, portraitprofessional, etc )