Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Capture One Q&A => Topic started by: BernardLanguillier on March 16, 2016, 10:02:19 pm
-
Does someone know when the D5 will be supported in C1 Pro 9?
Adobe just announced support in their latest ACR/Lightroom upgrade. It is nice to have support before the camera ships, a nice collaboration between the 2 companies.
Thank you.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Does someone know when the D5 will be supported in C1 Pro 9?
Hi Bernard,
I doubt anybody besides Phase One knows when they will have the camera profiled and fully supported.
When the sensor characteristics are identical to another unit, then it's usually not much(!) more than a copy and rename of that other unit's profile and could be quick, but otherwise they require at least one unit to be sent by Nikon to them.
But full support may also require making lens distortion profiles and such, so they cannot start with that before they get an actual unit to work on.
Cheers,
Bart
-
Does someone know when the D5 will be supported in C1 Pro 9?
Adobe just announced support in their latest ACR/Lightroom upgrade. It is nice to have support before the camera ships, a nice collaboration between the 2 companies.
Thank you.
Cheers,
Bernard
Adobe may be willing to work off RAW files but we never add support without having the camera in our hands first.
Naturally, it will come.
-
Adobe may be willing to work off RAW files but we never add support without having the camera in our hands first.
Naturally, it will come.
and why do you think Adobe did not get a camera from Nikon ? may be they are in love now
-
Thanks for your feedbacks.
Regards,
Bernard
-
Adobe may be willing to work off RAW files but we never add support without having the camera in our hands first.
Er, Adobe generally do the same too.
-
Er, Adobe generally do the same too.
Still a difference between generally and never. :D
-
Still a difference between generally and never. :D
Well, I won't go out on a limb and say never, but your comment was misleading.
-
Well, I won't go out on a limb and say never, but your comment was misleading.
And a little disappointing.
-
And a little disappointing.
Fact remains that they won't (be able to) properly support a camera before they get sent a unit for evaluation/testing.
Apparently Phase One either haven't received theirs, or have not had (or given it) enough time to add it yet. When will these cameras be commercially available to the general public anyway?
Cheers,
Bart
-
Fact remains that they won't (be able to) properly support a camera before they get sent a unit for evaluation/testing.
Apparently Phase One either haven't received theirs, or have not had (or given it) enough time to add it yet. When will these cameras be commercially available to the general public anyway?
Cheers,
Bart
It was the attitude I found disappointing.
-
It was the attitude I found disappointing.
Sorry about that Rory.
Truth is Nikon D5 is in short supply right now. It is not commercially available yet in Europe.
Adobe may well have a unit (AlterEgo) but we currently do not, but working on it.
Even if we get RAW files... we never ever add support that way. We produce upwards of about 700 shots per camera when we profile it. So you can see why 1-2 RAW files is not really going to cut it.
David
-
Thanks.
I feel it is pretty stupid for Nikon not to provide early production samples with final firmware to companies such as P1.
The D5 will apparently ship this Thu 24th in Europe and this Sat 26th in Japan. I don't know about the US.
Cheers,
Bernard
-
Thanks.
I feel it is pretty stupid for Nikon not to provide early production samples with final firmware to companies such as P1.
The D5 will apparently ship this Thu 24th in Europe and this Sat 26th in Japan. I don't know about the US.
Cheers,
Bernard
Thanks Bernard,
Sadly they do not. So we rely on good relations with local offices / partners / or just simply buying it(!) for support.
David
-
Waiting on this myself. My D5 came Tuesday and I've been using LRCC, but as I run a 90% C1 workflow...well I'm impatient. Hopefully soon!
-Doug
-
Same here.
I had to go back to LR ... cant´t wait for the c1 update.
-
David,
C1 does not yet support the Fuji XPro2 either but I have had success converting the file to a .dng. Then it seems that C1 v9.1 will successfully process that dng file. This has been my work around on images that I want to process using Capture One.
-
9.1.1 does now support the D5. It works very well as expected.
Cheers,
Bernard