Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape Photography Locations => Topic started by: Jens Peermann on March 16, 2016, 04:16:21 pm

Title: Cargo Ships in Sacramento Delta
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 16, 2016, 04:16:21 pm
I am planning a shoot in the Sacramento River Delta for some time this year. One of the subjects I would like to get is an oceangoing cargo ship going through the agricultural landscape. This requires knowing when such a ship will be going through there. They don't do that every day. Does anyone here have information about how to find out when there's a good chance to catch such a ship?

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Cargo Ships in Sacramento Delta
Post by: ned on March 16, 2016, 11:43:40 pm
I am planning a shoot in the Sacramento River Delta for some time this year. One of the subjects I would like to get is an oceangoing cargo ship going through the agricultural landscape. This requires knowing when such a ship will be going through there. They don't do that every day. Does anyone here have information about how to find out when there's a good chance to catch such a ship?

Thanks in advance.
There is a live tracking site which may help. http://www.boatingsf.com/ships-on-SF-bay/central-san-francisco-bay
You might want to see if the tug company will give you any info. http://www.portofstockton.com/deepwater-channel-info

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Title: Re: Cargo Ships in Sacramento Delta
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 17, 2016, 10:02:25 am
There is a live tracking site which may help. http://www.boatingsf.com/ships-on-SF-bay/central-san-francisco-bay
You might want to see if the tug company will give you any info. http://www.portofstockton.com/deepwater-channel-info

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Thanks a million, Ned. This is exactly what I was hoping for. Wonderful!