Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: stamper on March 16, 2016, 08:58:20 am

Title: Hospitalised
Post by: stamper on March 16, 2016, 08:58:20 am
Part of a new hospital in Glasgow, Scotland. When you enter the reception area you think you are in a shopping Mall.
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: RSL on March 16, 2016, 09:21:32 am
Very nice. Well seen.
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: petermfiore on March 16, 2016, 09:30:46 am
A classic design well done...

Peter
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: Rob C on March 16, 2016, 09:57:28 am
Good shot, stamper.

Rob C
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: GrahamBy on March 16, 2016, 02:32:12 pm
Good one  :)
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 16, 2016, 05:30:36 pm
Ditto to all the above.
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 16, 2016, 05:34:56 pm
Part of a new hospital in Glasgow, Scotland. When you enter the reception area you think you are in a shopping Mall.

If it were an American hospital, you would be  ;)

Nice architectural image, though.
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: francois on March 17, 2016, 03:59:44 am
Well seen, I like those nice curves that frame the building… That way it looks less austere.
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: stamper on March 17, 2016, 05:10:19 am
Thanks for the positive feedback. This was the second visit to the location that I have made. The first time I looked and didn't "see" anything worthwhile and the second time I "saw" a lot that I had missed. The moral of the story is not to write of a location but go back with "new" eyes. :)
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: GrahamBy on March 17, 2016, 07:47:02 am
I wonder if the architect foresaw the water marks around the fixations of the metal (?) panels ?
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: Rob C on March 17, 2016, 05:08:21 pm
I wonder if the architect foresaw the water marks around the fixations of the metal (?) panels ?

If it's the same one as I think - haven't been back since '04 - that hospital has had nothing but bad press from the go: the name was the first problem for some...

Rob
Title: Re: Hospitalised
Post by: Arlen on March 23, 2016, 03:34:18 pm
Good thing you came back. Well seen on round two, and processed just right methinks.