Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jglaser757 on March 15, 2016, 04:40:28 pm

Title: Want to print 16x24 and 24x36 which roll size
Post by: Jglaser757 on March 15, 2016, 04:40:28 pm
I want to print 16x24 and 24x36 from roll. Can I use a 24 inch roll paper or will I lose edges on it
Title: Re: Want to print 16x24 and 24x36 which roll size
Post by: dgberg on March 15, 2016, 05:19:36 pm
Do them both on 24"
How are you mounting? If mat and glass the mat covers the edge. If going in a frame does't matter again as the frame rabbet will cover the edge.
Just printed 25 canvas 24x36 that were mounted to gatorboard and framed with metal frames. Printed them all on 24" canvas with a 1/8" white border on the sides easily covered by the frame. To keep from loading up yours pads with ink I would do the same thing.
Title: Re: Want to print 16x24 and 24x36 which roll size
Post by: disneytoy on March 15, 2016, 08:04:44 pm
I agree with Dan, I had a spreadsheet of the papers I use and the cost per... 24" rolls are cheaper.
Title: Re: Want to print 16x24 and 24x36 which roll size
Post by: Jglaser757 on March 16, 2016, 12:09:09 am
Thank you!