Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on March 14, 2016, 04:49:15 am

Title: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 14, 2016, 04:49:15 am
Some shots from a quick outing yesterday morning, Cabo Sardao, SW Portugal. Even though it is almost mid-March, the temperature was 3 C, plus the strong wind dropping it even further. After a while my hands were numb... Still, I just like this place, and it was worth it. The shots were taken with a little lens that I borrowed from a friend of mine, the Sony SEL 35 f2.8. It is incredible how small it is, perfect for going light.

Title: Re: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: Jose Viegas on March 14, 2016, 05:02:21 am
Nice shots from that fantastic place Paulo, how I miss being there. In a couple of weeks I'll be in the Monsaraz area though, hope besides the great food and some rest, I can also take some spring shots.
Title: Re: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: francois on March 14, 2016, 06:55:01 am
I like this set a lot. There's both a relaxing/quiet and a dynamic/agitated moods in the same shots (for #2 and #3). The soft morning colors are also a "+".
Title: Re: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: Walt Roycraft on March 14, 2016, 07:15:22 am
The soft morning colors are also a "+".

agreed, very nice.
Title: Re: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 14, 2016, 10:00:22 am
Thanks for the feedback. Jose, you will love Monsaraz, I was there last time 20 years ago... a long time... Spring is arriving, with some fields covered in yellow flowers.

Yesterday morning at Cabo Sardao the temperature was really low (3 degrees centigrade), plus the wind, my hands were frozen, could barely push the buttons in the camera.
Title: Re: Cabo Sardao at dawn
Post by: Jose Viegas on March 14, 2016, 10:08:32 am
Thanks for the feedback. Jose, you will love Monsaraz, I was there last time 20 years ago... a long time... Spring is arriving, with some fields covered in yellow flowers.

Yesterday morning at Cabo Sardao the temperature was really low (3 degrees centigrade), plus the wind, my hands were frozen, could barely push the buttons in the camera.

I can imagine that, it happened to me early February when I was in the Torre da Serra da Estrela, cold and windy, so much my eye glasses got frozen 😊