Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: One Frame at a Time on March 13, 2016, 03:59:26 pm
-
Hi, don't want to hijack the Dell thread below so starting this one. I just recalibrated my new BenQ 2700 with the included BenQ software.
I think I understand the advantages of the internal LUT but the BenQ SW only presents 110 patches max while the Xrite SW samples hundreds
of patches. How can the BenQ SW be better or more accurate than using the system LUT with so many more sample points?
Thanks!
Paul
-
Seems that this also happens with Dell...
First use the BenQ software as it will make the LUT as linear as possible, if the results still not 100% you can use Argyll+dispcalGUI (http://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/870355/1#post17806610) to create a satisfactory result.
-
Thanks for the suggestion. Could I use the Xrite I1 pro software that came with the puck?
-
Thanks for the suggestion. Could I use the Xrite I1 pro software that came with the puck?
You could, but then you would not be able to adjust the monitor's internal LUT. Using the monitor's LUT is preferable as you have a higher bit depth to play with than the one in the graphics card. This improves the calibration results.
-
The X-rite I1 pro software is *VERY* inferior to Argyll+dispCAL...
-
Thanks for the responses. Would there be any advantage to recalibrate the monitor w the Xrite SW while it was running the internal 14 bit calibration? That way the final calibration would be based on the 420 color patches presented by Xrite instead of the 110 presented by the BenQ software?