Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on March 12, 2016, 01:53:56 am

Title: March 10, 2016
Post by: BobDavid on March 12, 2016, 01:53:56 am
From foggy dusk to clear night
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 12, 2016, 10:06:33 am
Another great set, Bob.

I'm curious about the two streaks in #2 and #3. In #3 I would guess that it was light from a ship or boat crossing, but the one little one in the second has me wondering.
Airplane? Meteor? Not that it matters.

Now even your titles are minimalist.   ;)

Eric
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Rob C on March 12, 2016, 10:18:47 am
Love that middle one!

Rob C
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: GrahamBy on March 12, 2016, 10:24:12 am
Yes, the middle one looks quite extra-terrestrial  :)
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: RSL on March 12, 2016, 11:55:43 am
Very nice, Bob.
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 12, 2016, 12:57:10 pm
I particularly like the second one, perhaps because the shoreline gives some context. In the third, I'd get rid of the streak: it looks out of place.

Jeremy
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: BobDavid on March 12, 2016, 01:03:14 pm
I particularly like the second one, perhaps because the shoreline gives some context. In the third, I'd get rid of the streak: it looks out of place.

Jeremy

The streak is a ship on the horizon.
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on March 12, 2016, 01:06:55 pm
Great set, Bob. And yes, I'd remove the streaks too.

Ever thought of publishing the series as a meditation book or collection of screensavers? I think I already suggested huge prints for galleries and home decoration.
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 12, 2016, 01:08:09 pm
The streak is a ship on the horizon.

I thought that was what it was. You posted a shot recently that had a ship which was recognisably a ship, and I liked that a lot. This isn't: it's a streak, and I think it detracts from the image overall. But it's your shot and I don't presume to imagine that I'm "right".

Jeremy
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Arlen on March 12, 2016, 03:44:37 pm
I have to join the chorus and say that the second is my favorite among this set. And echoing the extraterrestrial theme, the streak in the  sky could be a spaceship.  :)
Title: Re: March 10, 2016
Post by: Bob_B on March 13, 2016, 08:29:08 am
Completely agree with everything that has been said, especially hopes that you will consider publishing your work.