Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: drewk425 on March 11, 2016, 05:56:04 pm

Title: Canon Prograf 1000 vs Pixma Pro 1
Post by: drewk425 on March 11, 2016, 05:56:04 pm
I really enjoyed the recent review of the Canon Prograf 1000.  The issue of print size aside, I wonder how material an improvement this printer is over the Pixma Pro 1.  I purchased a Pixma Pro 1 less than a year ago, replacing an Epson 3880.  I was very disappointed with the build quality of the Epson, and experienced repetitive clogging problems.  The Pixma Pro 1 is built like a tank, and I believe its design does not lend itself to those clogging issues.

I have been extremely pleased with the output of the Pro 1 (as I was with the 3880).  I normally use Qimage Ultimate, but have also been pleased with Canon's Print Studio Pro plug-in.

Getting down to it, any opinions/thoughts as to whether the new Canon's product is materially superior to that of the Pixma Pro 1.  My primary interest is B & W.

Drew Karandjeff