Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: maddogmurph on March 11, 2016, 02:31:50 pm

Title: Moonrise
Post by: maddogmurph on March 11, 2016, 02:31:50 pm
Wondering if and how I should crop this?
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Walt Roycraft on March 11, 2016, 02:35:22 pm
Lovely scene as is, no cropping needed.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Mjollnir on March 11, 2016, 02:46:22 pm
Don't crop it.  Fine as it is
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Tony Jay on March 11, 2016, 05:11:31 pm
I'll join the chorus here - don't crop - it is a magical image as is!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 11, 2016, 06:21:21 pm
I'll join the chorus here - don't crop - it is a magical image as is!

Tony Jay
+1.

Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 11, 2016, 08:05:41 pm
No cropping. The point where the clouds and mountains connect is a very important part of this composition. Remove that and the whole image comes apart.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: francois on March 12, 2016, 07:00:26 am
Leave it as it is!
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 12, 2016, 01:05:11 pm
I agree.

And I will presume to speak on behalf of Russ, who for some reason hasn't yet chimed in  ;)

Jeremy
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 12, 2016, 01:34:43 pm
I agree.

And I will presume to speak on behalf of Russ, who for some reason hasn't yet chimed in  ;)

Jeremy
Russ is just sitting back and chuckling: "At last the masses are beginning to see the Truth!"  :D
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on March 14, 2016, 04:45:36 am
Wonderful as is.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: stamper on March 14, 2016, 04:57:05 am
I vote for the no crop. A fine image as it is.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Chairman Bill on March 14, 2016, 11:30:21 am
I wouldn't crop it, but if you could move the moon up & to the left a little ...


What?  :)
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on March 22, 2016, 02:24:53 am
Superb.

I wouldn't crop it, but if you could move the moon up & to the left a little ...
What?  :)

Why not? Takes 2 seconds with the Content-Aware Move tool.

Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: maddogmurph on March 22, 2016, 05:09:42 am
Superb.

Why not? Takes 2 seconds with the Content-Aware Move tool.

I think the moon's fine where it is boys.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 22, 2016, 12:30:14 pm
 I'd move the moon to somewhere in front of the mountain. That would give you a unique shot.   :D
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: maddogmurph on March 22, 2016, 07:24:23 pm
I'd move the moon to somewhere in front of the mountain. That would give you a unique shot.   :D

As a result of overwhelming feedback, behold, "The full Moon" - On top of the mountain. In Iceland. At twilight. For my 500th post.

ps - yes I know the blending is not very good.
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Jens Peermann on March 22, 2016, 10:09:34 pm
A double moon. One for each eye. Cool!
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 22, 2016, 11:49:42 pm
Now that is Art!
It must be the only mountain around with cartoon-like bug eyes.
Bravo!   :D
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on March 23, 2016, 04:34:36 am
Now that is Art!
It must be the only mountain around with cartoon-like bug eyes.
Bravo!   :D

The eye is not the part of anatomy that sprang immediately to my mind.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Moonrise
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on March 23, 2016, 10:17:50 am
The eye is not the part of anatomy that sprang immediately to my mind.

Jeremy
Ah! You're thinking of what Bart Simpson often does, called "mooning."