Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: JV on March 11, 2016, 10:01:29 am
-
At the end of February, Fujifilm announced its plans to cease production of the FP-100C packfilm which was the last peel-apart film that was still available.
Fuji already discontinued the black&white FP-3000B as few years ago.
If you care about pack film it might be worthwhile to sign this petition:
http://savepackfilm.net
-
Sorry to be cynical, but it seems to me that "please don't stop making this" petitions like this are funny and tragic all at the same time.
Perhaps if each of the would-be signers went out and actually bought a bunch of the product...
-
Sorry to be cynical, but it seems to me that "please don't stop making this" petitions like this are funny and tragic all at the same time.
Perhaps if each of the would-be signers went out and actually bought a bunch of the product...
A petition asking them to donate the tech to some third party and some prod machines would make sense
-
Given that the FP-100c is the last pack film, the number of cameras that would be abandoned is embarrassing. I'm glad to see the rally around on it, and hope that there is a solution that either moves the manufacturing to a partner or non-profitt that keeps it in production. I hate the price increases and folks trying to make a quick buck screwing with the supply and demand.
-
Given that the FP-100c is the last pack film, the number of cameras that would be abandoned is embarrassing.
+1. It would be a shame if all of those beautiful Polaroid packfilm cameras (and Mamiya/Fuji/Konica packfilm cameras) were to be reduced to only collectors' items.
-
I think its more feasible to throw your support behind Impossible Project and ask them to make pack film. They still do 8x10 so it's doable.
Personally I still have half a fridge of Polaroid film of different sizes. Really beautiful, nothing else like it.
-
Personally I still have half a fridge of Polaroid film of different sizes.
I am in the same boat, as a lot of others I suspect I stocked up big time when Polaroid went bust, it actually might be one of the elements that killed Fuji film, a lot of people still have too large a supply...